To request that a conference be added to this section, please send an email to Prof. Pnina Fichman: fichman [at] indiana [dot] edu.
Social Informatics Conferences
There are two annual conferences devoted to Social Informatics:
The following is a list of links to other conference calendars:
- ACM Conference Calendar: An extensive list of technology conferences
- International Calendar of Information Science Conferences: An extensive list of information science conferences around-the-world.
Other Technology Related Conferences
- International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS)
ICIS is the premier professional meeting in the IS field and provides access to the highest caliber scholarship in the IS discipline, including IT leadership, systems development, enterprise resource planning, cross-cultural issues and social and economic impacts of information technology.
- America’s Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS)
The annual Americas’ Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS) is viewed as one of the leading conferences for presenting the broadest variety of research done by and for IS/IT academicians in the Western Hemisphere.
- Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS)
The Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS) is one of the longest-standing continuously running scientific conferences. This conference brings together researchers in an aloha-friendly atmosphere conducive to free exchange of scientific ideas.
Below is a list of books and journals featuring topics concerning Social Informatics.
The following is a list of books related to Social Informatics:
- Fichman, P., Sanfilippo, M. Rosenbaum, H. (2015). Social Informatics Evolving. Morgan & Claypool Publishers. https://doi.org/10.2200/S00668ED1V01Y201509ICR046
- Fichman, P., & Rosenbaum, H. (Eds.) (2014). Social Informatics: Past, Present and Future. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Pinter, Robert (2008). Information Society: From Theory to Political Practice. Budapest, Hungary: Gondolat – Új Mandátum.
- Elliot, M.S., & Kenneth L. Kraemer, K.L. (Eds.)(2008). Computerization Movements and Technology Diffusion: From Mainframes to Ubiquitous Computing. Medford, NJ: Information Today.
- Kling, R., Rosenbaum, H., & Sawyer, S. (2005). Understanding and Communicating Social Informatics: A Framework for Studying and Teaching the Human Contexts of Information and Communication Technologies. Medford, NJ: Information Today.
The following journals regularly include Social Informatics articles:
- AI & Society
- First Monday
- Information, Communication & Society
- Information and Organization
- Information Research
- The Information Society (TIS)
- Information Technology & People
- International Journal of Communications, Network and System Sciences (IJCNS)
- International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Society
- International Journal of Information Technology and Management (IJITM)
- IT & Society
- Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology (JASIST)
- Journal of the Association for Information Systems
- Journal of Information, Information Technology, and Organizations (JIITO)
- Journal of Information Technology & Politics (JITP)
- MIS Quarterly
- Media, Culture & Society